JOHNSON Town, Tenn. (WJHL) — The former finance director for a nonprofit that supplies assist to homeless citizens in Northeast Tennessee is experiencing a multi-count indictment after investigators identified she stole at least $119,582.
Tennessee Comptroller investigators alongside with the U.S. Section of Housing and City Development located that Julie Beale, the previous finance director for the Appalachian Regional Coalition on Homelessness (ARCH), misappropriated the nonprofit’s resources concerning November 2013 and March 2018.
The press release mentioned the subsequent:
- Julie Beale and her partner, Sam Beale, misappropriated $75,630.06 by creating 150 ARCH payments to Sam for get the job done he did not accomplish. He worked as ARCH’s intermittent maintenance service provider in the course of his wife’s tenure at ARCH.
- Julie Beale issued fraudulent ARCH payments to herself totaling $32,937.43.
- Julie Beale issued $5,081.69 in fraudulent ARCH payments to loved ones users.
- Julie Beale applied ARCH income to pay rent on her individual residence totaling $3,375.
- Julie Beale made use of the ARCH debit card to make a whole of $2,183.47 in unauthorized and personalized costs.
- Julie Beale issued a fraudulent ARCH examine to pay out a personalized $375 debt.
Investigators observed that Beale utilized untrue signatures to checks, manufactured untrue entries into ARCH’s accounting records and developed phony invoices.
She resigned her posture with ARCH on March 2, 2018.
In July 2021, the Washington County Grand Jury indicted Beale on a person count of theft above $60,000, a single rely of conspiracy to dedicate theft around $60,000 and income laundering.
Her spouse was indicted on one particular depend of theft over $60,000, one particular count of conspiracy to dedicate theft above $60,000, 1 rely of economical exploitation of an aged or vulnerable human being and one particular count of theft about $2,500.
“This scenario underscores the significance of not providing sole handle of economical functions to one man or woman,” mentioned Comptroller Jason Mumpower. “Separating essential economic responsibilities and offering improved oversight aids to decrease the possibility that fraud will go undetected.”
To see the entire investigative report, Simply click In this article.